This project will enable companies in Florida to offset their usage of septic water by treating additional septic waste. By replacing water from natural sources at the wholesale level, this project will benefit all water users and help to conserve valuable water resources that are decreasing.
The septic waste disposal facility in Orlando, Florida is seeking a new technology that will provide a more environmentally friendly solution for the treatment of septic waste water.
Currently, 15% of septic waste is transported to a landfill, where it releases methane emissions, and the remaining 85% is treated with lime before it is shipped 250 miles to Georgia and sprayed on agricultural fields. This process has significant CO2 emissions and can lead to the accumulation of excess nutrients in the soil.
The proposed dehumidification technology by NOAH Solutions will allow for the treatment of 100% of the septic waste water on site.
It is expected that only 8% of solids will remain. The solid waste will be sterilized and suitable as fertilizer. The remaining 92% of potable water (PPM below 70) will meet approved guidelines and will be disposed of back into the Florida public water system. This will eliminate the need for transportation and the potential of harmful minerals seeping into agricultural land.
Feasibility study & select project location
Secure letter of intent with the site owner
Building first unit
April 30, 2023
Submit final version of methodology to Regen Network for peer-review
August 15, 2023
Move technology to the site to begin testing.
Water delivery, monitoring & monthly reporting.
October 30, 2023
Issue water credits on chain